The Order Manager application is intended for herd managers or farmers who provide food
directly to consumers whose clients or shareholders are divided into distinct driving groups
with their own pickup dates. The Order Manager application allows you to key in the incoming
orders for each group, then print Pick reports to assemble the order and Detail reports to
send back with each driver for billing purposes. Order Manager will track each member's milk
usage and will indicate how many units are available and how many units have been used month
to date based on the member's number of purchased shares. Order Manager can also print a Year
End report, showing total item sales and total retail for a particular year for tax purposes.
This application is being made freely available to the raw milk community in the hope that it
will reduce the overhead and barriers to entry involved in managing a herd share. If it is easier
to start and keep a herdshare running then there will hopefully be more farmers willing to
manage them. Consumers tend to fill up the available shareholder spots once word gets around, so
more herdshare managers will result in more raw milk consumers. When there are enough raw milk
consumers we will hopefully one day reach a tipping point when politicians, state bureaucrats and
health officials will be forced to recognize the legitimacy of the raw milk movement.
Order Manager Features:
- Public domain and freely distributable.
- A stand-alone application for Windows 2000 or XP.
- Uses the open-source SQLite database.
- Has been used successfully since December 2005 by a manager with ~75 shareholders.
- Uses Adobe Acrobat Reader .pdf files for the output reports.
- Database contained in a single file that can be easily transported between computers.
- The application performs its own database maintenance and is simple to install and operate.
- Automatically detects and downloads new versions, when available.
Order Manager Documentation in Adobe .pdf format.
Download OrderMan and add-ons:
Order Manager using SQLite v3.3.6.
(Recommended for new installations. Uses a self-extracting installation utility.)
- Order Manager using SQLite v2.8.17.
(Recommended only for compatibility with previous installations. Requires
WinZip if you are not using Windows XP.)
- Conversion Utility for upgrading a v2.8 OrderMan database to
the v3.3 format.
- SQLite Expert is a graphical utility for
viewing and querying SQLite v3.3 databases.
- Order Manager release history.
All text copyright (c) Don Neeper 2006, 2007.
All rights reserved.